Are you a new mother who has forgotten to enjoy a good day at the beach or lying around on a picnic mat in the park under the sun? Baby sunscreens work just the way a regular sunscreen for adults do, except that they are way more gentle on the skin (keeping your baby’s sensitive skin in mind), and made of organic, anti-allergenic, and mineral-based ingredients that not only provide the best protection to your babies soft skin against the harmful UV rays of the sun but also moisturize and soothe their skin.
To keep yourself and your baby summer-ready, we have for you, the 10 best baby sunscreen lotions for the year 2020, that you can easily purchase online today!
Table of Contents
- 1. Mamaearth Mineral Based Sunscreen
- 2. Aveeno Baby Zinc Oxide Mineral Sunscreen
- 3. Mom and World Mineral Based Baby Sunscreen Lotion
- 4. Adorable Baby by Loving Naturals
- 5. Biotique Bio Carrot Face and Body Sun Lotion
- 6. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Kids Sunblock Cream
- 7. Mother Sparsh Natural Baby Sunscreen Lotion
- 8. Waxhead Organic Baby Sunscreen
- 9. Mom and World Baby Boy Kit
- 10. Sebamed Sun Lotion
- How To Choose The Best Baby Sunscreen in India
- Baby Sunscreen Frequently Asked Questions
1. Mamaearth Mineral Based Sunscreen
Replenished with the best mineral zinc oxide and SPF 20 this is the best sun protection cream for your baby. It creates a waterproof layer on your skin that provides safety from the harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sun. The sunscreen also has elements like Shea butter and cocoa, as well as Aloe vera that not only moisturize but also soothes your little one’s skin. This sunscreen filled with minerals allows the baby to play in the sun for hours.
- SPF 20 Plus protection along with minerals like active zinc oxide that provides strong protection against harsh UV rays.
- Nourishes your baby’s skin deeply as it is enriched with extracts of chamomile, Shea butter, and cocoa butter.
- Aloe vera extracts soothe your baby’s skin and gives it a cooling effect.
- This product is hypoallergenic and certified to be safe for sensitive baby skin. The sunscreen has been clinically tested in parts of Europe.
2. Aveeno Baby Zinc Oxide Mineral Sunscreen
This sunscreen lotion for babies provides continuous protection against sun rays. It is water-resistant as well as sweat-proof and comes in a packaging that has a quantity of 3 ounces or 88 ml. All products from this company are imported from the United States of America. This company claims not to sell any imitated products or cheap knock-offs of branded products; they are 100% authentic and genuine. The sunscreen has a broad-spectrum SPF 50, and it is tear and paraben-free.
- All of this brand’s products are imported from the United States of America, and they do not sell any imitations or knock-offs; they are 100 percent genuine and authentic.
- One tube of the sunscreen contains 3 ounces or 88 ml of the product.
- The sunscreen is water-resistant, as well as sweat-proof.
- It has broad-spectrum SPF 50.
- The sunscreen is suitable for a baby because it is paraben-free and also tear-free.
3. Mom and World Mineral Based Baby Sunscreen Lotion
The Mom and World mineral-based baby sunscreen lotion is a very gentle and essential sunscreen for your baby’s skin as it contains broad-spectrum SPF 50 with UVA and UVB protection. It is water-resistant and has a mineral-based formula that includes zinc that absorbs into the skin quickly, and a titanium-based formula that delivers protection against the harmful rays of the sun. Its formula is really gentle for your baby’s skin, and it does not contain sulfates, mineral oils, parabens, and harmful chemicals.
- This sunscreen provides broad-spectrum SPF 50 protection along with UVA and UVB protection.
- The packaging is compact so you can easily slide it inside your handbag, and it is travel-ready.
- The lotion is water-resistant, non-greasy, and non-allergenic, as well as formulated to be non-irritant on the baby’s skin so that it is smooth and comfortable.
- The sunscreen is made with a mineral-based formula that quickly absorbs into the skin because of its zinc content; the titanium content delivers protection against the harmful rays of the sun.
- Its formula makes it extra sensitive for a baby’s skin, so it gently blends into their skin and is completely free of parabens, sulfates, mineral oils, and other harmful chemicals.
4. Adorable Baby by Loving Naturals
This pack of two adorable baby SPF 30+ sunscreen that comes with non-nano zinc oxide UVA and UVB protection has the highest rating for safety by EWG safety and provides full skin care sun care protection for babies. The original product of this brand is originally imported directly from the United States of America. Yet, it always provides an all-in price for its Indian customers without even taking the shipping charge.
- The original product is imported all the way from the United States of America without costing any extra customs for the customer. The package can be tracked from the customer’s home.
- The ingredients used to make the sunscreen 100% natural to ensure a healthy natural feel on the skin.
- This sunscreen lotion has been highly rated by experts; it is claimed to be safe for children as well as adults containing no chemical or synthetic ingredients.
- This sunscreen is water-resistant and can last inside water for up to 40 minutes.
- The formula for the sunscreen is also cruelty-free and gluten-free; they have never been tested on animals.
5. Biotique Bio Carrot Face and Body Sun Lotion
This is a light and nongreasy sunscreen with carrot extract and carrot oil that protects the skin from the harmful effects of the sun. It also contains extracts from carrot seeds as well as extracts from the bark of the lodhra tree. This sunscreen is also nutrient-rich, filled with quince seed and Aloe vera that keeps your baby’s skin soft, moisturizer, and fair even in the sunlight. It contains SPF 40 with UVA and UVB protection.
- One package contains 120 ml of the liquid sunscreen.
- The product is rich in nutrients that include pure carrot oil, carrot seed extracts, lodhra bark extracts, quince seed, and Aloe vera extracts that keep your baby’s skin fair, moisturized and soft.
- Comes with SPF 40 along with UVA and UVB sunscreen protection.
- The lotion is to be applied evenly over the baby’s cleansed face and neck every morning before sun exposure. It is suitable for all skin types.
6. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Kids Sunblock Cream
Lotus Herbals safe sun kids’ sunblock cream claims to be the only sunblock cream in this country (India) that is specially formulated to suit young and delicate skin. It protects against UVA and UVB and prevents tan and sunburn. This product has been tested by various pediatricians as well as a dermatologist and has been certified to be safe for use on babies. The sunscreen contains chamomile extracts that have anti-inflammatory properties, and it soothes the sensitive skin of babies.
- Containing anti-inflammatory and soothing properties for sensitive baby skin, chamomile extracts make this product a standout.
- A physical agent of the sunscreen is the zinc-coated micro-fine titanium dioxide which is mild on baby skin, but strong as protection against UV rays of the sun.
- The sunscreen is to be applied liberally all over the face, neck and hands as well as all parts of the baby’s body that will be exposed to the sun.
- This product has to be applied frequently to achieve maximum protection from the harmful rays of the sun.
7. Mother Sparsh Natural Baby Sunscreen Lotion
This sunscreen is made of natural and organic ingredients. It has SPF 30+, and its ingredients are derived from plants and are 95% bio-based. It has a blend of the perfect balance of oils and minerals like vitamin E, zinc oxide, cocoa butter, and Aloe vera extracts that form a thin layer of protection on your baby’s skin and guards them against the harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sun.
- It provides protection against harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sun with the help of minerals like zinc oxide along with an SPF 30+ formula.
- Vitamin E, Aloe vera extracts, and cocoa butter make it a healthy lotion for your baby’s skin and keeps it moisturized.
- It is a safe and gentle sunscreen as it is made of 95% plant-based organic ingredients.
- Anti-allergic composition and fragrance that prevents any value ji or redness can be caused by harsh chemicals on your baby’s skin.
8. Waxhead Organic Baby Sunscreen
This sunscreen is specially made for babies who have very sensitive skin. Problems such as eczema, rashes, or allergies are easily overcome by the sunscreen that is made completely anti-allergenic. It is replenished with olive oil for Ace mood and gentle experience on your baby’s skin. The sunscreen provides great protection against UVA and UVB rays of the sun. It is waterproof and can last in water for about an hour. It is made of organic and natural ingredients along with zinc oxide that renders your skin white at first, but on enough rubbing, fades, and completely disappears.
- EWG certified non nano zinc oxide is contained in sunscreen.
- It is made of natural ingredients and is completely non-toxic.
- It is made of ingredients that constitute broad-spectrum SPF 35, olive oil, minerals, and other essential oils that are soft and gentle on your baby’s skin and prevents them from developing rashes or allergies.
- Great for sensitive skin with eczema or hypersensitivity since the composition is hypoallergenic, preventing any kind of allergies from occurring.
9. Mom and World Baby Boy Kit
This kit is specially made for boy babies! It contains one baby wash, one baby sunscreen lotion, and one baby nourishing lotion. The skincare products are formulated with natural ingredients that are always gentle to delicate skin. The sunscreen lotion in this kit is natural and mineral-based. It comes with SPF 50 and PA+++, which protects the soft and sensitive skin of your baby from UV rays whenever your baby is out enjoying a day on the beach or a dirt-covered sunny day in the park! The lotion is completely waterproof, so it does not need to be applied and reapplied after every hour. The formula of the product is such that it will always keep your baby’s skin so soothed and healthy.
- In this skincare kit for baby boys, there are three products that you are getting at the price of one! All great for the skin, this kit comes with a body wash, a sunscreen, and moisturizing lotion!
- The products are all formulated with natural ingredients that are gentle on the delicate skin of your baby. It takes the best care of their tender skin and provides maximum protection.
- The sunscreen is mineral-based and natural with SPF 50 and PA+++, providing broad-spectrum protection from UVA and UVB rays of the sun.
- It is also completely water-resistant, so you don’t have to fuss about reapplying the product every hour on your baby’s skin.
- The product is soothing for delicate baby skin and keeps them healthy and glowing.
10. Sebamed Sun Lotion
This product does the closing for our list today. It has a simple and fuss-free packaging made in Germany and containing a solid SPF 50 + protection against UVA and UVB rays of the sun. One bottle contains 200 ml of the product inside it and can last for months, depending upon how much you use on your baby daily. The dosage of the sunscreen, as instructed on the packaging by the manufacturers, is to apply it generously, 20 minutes before leaving out in the sunlight.
- This product is manufactured in Germany and contains SPF 50 + protection against UVA and UVB rays of the sun.
- One bottle of the product contains 200 ml of the actual lotion, which can last, under normal circumstances, for months!
- It is made of healthy mineral-based ingredients, keeping in mind the soft and gentle skin of your baby.
- It is to be applied 20 minutes before leaving out in the sunlight.
How To Choose The Best Baby Sunscreen in India
Sunscreen lotions offer our skin a lot of benefits. However, selecting a particular sunscreen for your kid can be quite challenging. Because of the availability of various brands, it becomes confusing. Here are some points that will help you in selecting a proper sunscreen for your little one:
Go for broad-spectrum sunscreens
You might have heard about the broad-spectrum antibiotics. But, the term broad-spectrum sunscreen might appear new to many of you. Let us know about it in detail. To have a better understanding of this, you need to know about the kinds of UV rays:
- UVA- It can readily penetrate into the atmosphere. It has potent action in premature aging and wrinkling of the skin. Also, it has reports of causing skin carcinomas in some people.
- UVB- It has a similar intensity of penetrating the atmosphere layer. Apart from that, it can cause burns and skin cancer in varying grades.
The sunscreen lotions which provide protection against both these rays are known as broad-spectrum sunscreen. We recommend you to go for them as they have more benefits.
The higher the SPF, the better is the protection
UV rays contain sunburn producing elements. The SPF or Sun Protection Factor is the number and fraction of these elements reaching your skin. The SPF value helps in allowing you to enjoy more extended time outdoor without panicking about the suntan. For example- a sunscreen having spf of 15 will provide you 93 percent protection. But, a sunscreen that has spf 50 will give you a more balanced 98 percent protection against UVB rays.
Types of sunscreen
People might not be aware of the fact that there are two forms of sunscreens. The sunscreen types differ in having different mechanisms of action. Usually, there are two kinds of sunscreen- physical and chemical.
- Physical sunscreen: The physical sunscreen forms a physical barrier on the skin by forming a reflective layer. When the UV rays reach your skin, maximum amount of it reflects back due to this barrier.
- Chemical sunscreen: A chemical sunscreen helps form a layer that absorbs the UVB rays and avoids its penetration into the deeper skin layers.
Water-resistant or not?
Having a water resistant sunscreen is quite more important for little ones. You can handle yourself by swiftly moving or switching positions. However, the baby’s skin is extremely delicate. They can develop side effects with rainwater too. Therefore, having a water-resistant sunscreen lotion is necessary to fight off uninvited weather conditions. You can also enjoy pool time adventure with your little one by giving complete protection to his/her skin.
The idea for avoiding skin allergies
Have you ever noticed your skin reacting negatively to a sunscreen? If your skin can develop an allergy to sunscreen, imagine to what extent a baby’s skin can react. Please avoid using the sunscreens with PABA as major ingredients in it. Also, make sure to look for a protective ingredient known as titanium dioxide. It suits most of the babies with sensitive skin.
Baby Sunscreen Frequently Asked Questions
- My baby is 4 months old, is it okay to apply sunscreen on him?
No, why would you want to apply sunscreen on a 4 months old infant? Do not do it, the sunscreen should be used on a baby only after 6-months of birth. Most of the experts and doctors recommend that same thing. If you are planning to take your baby outside, before 6-months, it would be better to keep them away from direct sunlight, consider giving them a sunbath after 6-months after applying an appropriate sunscreen.
- Is there a difference between a kid and baby sunscreen?
No, as far as we know, there is no difference between both. Both of these sunscreens have the same active ingredients. But, brands distinguish them as baby and kid sunscreen as a marketing gimmick. Next time you visit a store, compare pick up both and compare them.
- Zinc oxide is harmful to the baby? Is it safe to use a sunscreen with zinc?
Zinc oxide is not harmful to babies, most of the baby diaper rash creams come with zinc. Most of the experts today recommend using sunscreen with zinc as they are efficient and better. Zinc is best for creating a barrier between the skin and sunlight, which, in turn, protects the skin from burns and tans.
- Why is it recommended not to use sunscreen on infants 6-months below?
Yes, most of the baby sunscreen available on the market today come with the warning not to use on babies of age less than 6-months. One of the main reasons is that baby skin is too delicate before the age of 6-months. Studies indicate that baby skin develops a certain level of thickness and strength by the age of 6-month and above. Therefore, you mustn’t use sunscreen on babies with an age below 6-months.
- Before the age of 6-months, sunburns are bad? What to do, if I need to take the baby outside in the sun before 6-months of age?
Sunburns are bad irrespective of age. However, for infants below the age of 1-year, sunburn could have long-lasting effects and consequences. Those kids who get a sunburn before the age of 6-months might face health consequences in the future. Now, if you need to take a baby with an age less than 6-months, sunscreen cannot be used. Instead, you need to make sure the baby is wearing clothes that cover most of the skin and it is highly recommended to avoid exposing the baby to direct sunlight. Remember, we will not recommend taking an infant outside without proper protection.
- Is it okay to apply sunscreen on a 4-month old baby and take him for a swim?
No, sunscreen should not be applied on the baby before the age of 6-months, and taking a baby for a swim before the age of 6-months is also not recommended. Even if you want to give swimming lessons to a baby of age higher than 2-months and lesser than 6-months. You should make sure the pool water is 100% chlorine-free and the temperature of the water should be around 32-degree Celsius.
So, these were the 10 best baby sunscreen lotions in India in the year 2020. If you are a new mother and you as well as your husband are the outdoorsy kind, you know that there will be a lot of playing around in the sunlight for you and your kids! To keep your baby’s skin always protected against the harmful rays of the sunlight, no matter how much he rules around under the direct rays of the sun, use a gentle and mild organically made mineral-based sunscreen before leaving the house.
Make your pick out of these 10 best baby sunscreens available online!